Xiaomi Phone, New Chinese Android Smartphone, Powerful Dual-Core Processor
Last night, China saw rise of another gigantic Smartphone that runs on latest Android v2.3.5 and is powered by a 1.5GHz Qualcomm MSM8260 SoC dual-core processor (similar to HTC Ruby).
Well, I went through it Tech Specs and found them very interesting, have a look:-
Tech Specs of Xiaomi Phone
- 1.5 GHz Qualcomm MSM8260 SoC processor
- 266MHz Adreno 220 graphics processor (it would support HD Games from Android Market)
- 1GB RAM
- 4GB ROM
- Unlocked bootloader!
- Android 2.3.5 operating system
- 8MP rear camera with autofocus, F2.4 lens along with LED flash
- 2MP front camera
- Rubberized Back Panel
- MIUI OS (which earlier was a custom rom from XDA)
- 1930mAh Battery
- GPS (with A-GPS) and GLONASS
- 4-inch touchscreen LCD display, 480 x 854 resolution made by Sharp
- 125mm x 63mm x 11.9mm in dimensions
- Noise-cancelling microphone
- Weighs a mere 149g
- Dual antenna design
- Seven bright color cases
Price & Availability of Xiaomi Phone in India
Xiaomi Phone is priced at ¥1,999 ($310) in Chinese market which translates to Rs. 13,000/- for Indian Markets. It would be up for pre-orders by 27th of August and would start to roll in foreign countries by October. Well, the phone has great hardware, the only factors that would decide its fate in Indian markets would be the brand and trust.