Recently, Verizon Wireless added a new Android Smartphone in its Inventory called Samsung Illusion. Since, Samsung Illusion looks very much identifiable with other Android Smartphones manufactured by Samsung, the question that arises here is why should you buy this Smartphone over other Android phone like Samsung Galaxy S or Apple iPhone 4. Before we discuss its Pros & Cons, check out Samsung Illusion Smartphone Specs.
Samsung Illusion Smartphone Specs
- Display Screen: 3.5 inches in size, capacitive in nature, ~165 ppi pixel density, 320 x 480 pixels resolution, supports multi-touch input
- Size & Dimensions: 114.4 mm in length, 59.9 mm in breadth, 11.7 mm in width, weighs a mere 120g
- Memory & Storage: 2 GB of internal memory, 512 MB of RAM, expandable up to 32 GB using microSD card, 2 GB card included
- Connectivity Options: 3G up to 3.1 Mbps, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi with hotspot feature, Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP
- Processing Unit & Software: 1 GHz ARM Cortex-A8 processor, Hummingbird Chipset, Android OS v2.3 Gingerbread
- Camera & Optics: 3.15 MP basic camera, captures images at 2048 x 1536 pixels
Pros of Buying Samsung Illusion Smartphone
- 3.5-inch display screen is better suited for people with small hands
- Offers loads of connectivity options thus nice for accessing web and using social networking sites
- Supports out-of-the-box DivX and XviD video formats
Cons of Buying Samsung Illusion Smartphone
- Not enough powerful for the price Verizon is offering it
- Camera seems pathetic with no AF and Flash
- Several alternatives available in that price bracket
It’s very strange to see Samsung creating Smartphones for the sake of creating Smartphones. Samsung Illusion has zilch innovation in it, it runs a lower quality of hardware, it doesn’t have essential features like AF camera with Flash. The one single thing which I liked about Samsung Illusion Smartphone Specs is its 3.5-inch capacitive touchscreen display because everything else in this Smartphone is just ordinary, un-interesting.
What’s your take on this?