PS Vita, Next-Generation Portable Gaming Console’s Key Features & Details
Sony Computer Entertainment launched PlayStation Vita, the next generation of portable gaming console yesterday in Japan. It would be launched for worldwide audience by the end of 2011.
Just like Nintendo 3DS, it comes in two models, one with only Wi-Fi that cost $249 and the other one with both 3G and Wi-Fi that would cost a little more i.e. $299.
“Vita” means Life and it has been derived from Latin, it suits the gaming console well because it claims to give you a revolutionary combination of rich gaming and social connectivity within a real world context, in short Sony claims that PlayStation Vita would change your gaming experience on a Portable Console.
Key Features of PlayStation Vita, Next-Gen Portable Console
- Beautiful 5-inch multi-touch organic light emitting diode (OLED) that gives you the most happening gaming experience ever
- Unique multi-touch pad on the rear that is expected to change how you play games entirely
- Amazing 6 way navigation system that can be controlled by rotating, revolving and playing with the actual console, superb three-dimensional gaming experience
- Features two analog sticks which makes bringing a whole range of action, racing, arcade and games from other genre to this portable device
- Loads of Gaming titles would be available with PS Vita Gaming Console at the time of actual worldwide release like “GRAVITY DAZE,” “Uncharted Golden Abyss,” “Little Deviants,” “Hot Shots Golf,” “Reality Fighter,” “Hustle Kings,” “ModNation Racers,” “Wipeout 2048” and “Super Stardust Delta,” and several other from third-party developers
- With superb Wi-Fi and 3G network connectivity it would give you an opportunity to play with your friends online like on PlayStation Network, but this time the whole experience would be mobile
- Most of the games on PS Vita would have social features like ‘Gifting’ that would enable you to send gifts to your friends that can be used directly in the games they may have
- PS Vita also has provision for social networking while enjoying an online game, it would allow you to chat with your friends and discuss while playing the multiplayer game online
- Tutorial application called “Welcome Park” has also been developed for PS Vita; it is an actual game that solves the purpose of getting new users accustomed to the controls of PS Vita Gaming console
Frankly speaking, playing games on PS Vita or gaming consoles like could be great fun because it is more interesting to use 3D gestures rather that playing with buttons. Microsoft Kinect (read more) is much more fun that the analog controller of Xbox 360.
What’s your take on this technology in the portable gaming genre? Do you like PS Vita after reading the above article?
Please share your thoughts with GizJets using the comment form below and also your friends using the social bookmarking icons.