HTC Evo 3D – Latest 3D Mobile Phone
If you were in search of a good mobile phone that could record and play 3D videos then this cell phone from HTC is the end of your search.
HTC Evo 3D is the latest cell phone in market that comes with 2 cameras that can record videos or take pictures from 2 angles and then merge those video or pictures to create a 3D video/picture.
This technology is not new, almost every 3D device is based on this principle but this latest mobile phone seems to have mastered this technology, this combination of hardware and software compliments each other.
The phone hasn’t been launched yet and is expected to get launched by Q2 this year.
This latest cell phone is quite heavy, it weighs close to 170g which is pretty heavy as compared to an Apple iPhone 4 (137g) or a Samsung Galaxy S 2 (116g).
In looks, this latest cell phone keeps the HTC reputation, the design is almost similar to HTC Evo 4G and other HTC mobile phones.
The key feature in the design of HTC Evo 3D is revealed when we flip it backwards. I am talking about the two cameras along with dual-LED flash over there which are specifically located such that new mobile phone can take brilliant 3D videos and pictures.
HTC Evo 3D Technical Specification (Tech Specs)
- Dimensions: 126 x 65 x 12.1 mm
- Display Screen: 4.3 inch wide 3D S-LCD capacitive touchscreen that plays videos at 540 x 960 pixels resolution, it supports 16 million colors
- Supports Multi-Touch input
- Accelerometer Sensor for UI Auto Rotate
- HTC Sense UI
- Proximity Sensor and Gyro-meter
- Music: Produces SRS virtual surround sound via wired headphones
- Memory and Storage: 1GB internet storage (expandable up to 32GB via microSD card) + 1GB RAM
- Internet and Connectivity: GPRS (up to 114kbps) + EDGE (up to 560kbps) + HSDPA (up to 14.4Mbps) + HSUPA (up to 5.76 Mbps) + Wi-Fi, can also work like a Wi-Fi Hotspot + Bluetooth 3.0 with A2DP and EDR
- Camera for Photography: 5MP dual camera for 3D pictures and videos with Dual LED Flash + 1.3MP camera in front for video calling etc.
- Video Playback: Plays videos at 1080p@24fps (2D) and 720p@30fps (3D)
- Operating System: Android OS v2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Processor + Graphic Card: 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, Adreno 220 GPU, Qualcomm MSM8660 chipset
- Dedicated Mic that reduce noise in speech
- Digital Compass
- HDMI Port
- Document Viewer/Editor
HTC Evo 3D is a promising 3D Mobile Phone. It does have competitors in market like LG Optimus 3D but I think HTC Evo 3D can beat that with these features.
I am not sure about the price of this latest cell phone but it is expected to launch in Q2 this year.
Please share your thoughts with GizJets using the comment form below and also your friends using the social bookmarking icons.