A Detailed Preview of Samsung Galaxy Pro B7510 Smartphone
Samsung has just introduced a QWERTY mobile phone in their famous ‘Future Beyond Smartphone’ range of Galaxy Phones i.e. Samsung Galaxy Pro B7510.
On the first look, the phone looks exactly like Samsung Chat but when you go deep into the hardware, it is a much powerful, well equipped and awesome mobile phone.
It has both capacitive touchscreen and a QWERTY keypad for input which I think is very important for anyone who is interested in sending loads of emails or spends most of his day texting with his friends.
Android has a WordPress application I guess, therefore this QWERTY keypad would be very useful for bloggers as well in case they want to write a quick blog post, add an image from Picassa or Flickr and then hit the publish button.
Design and Construction
Samsung Galaxy Pro B7510 has a nice 2.8 inch wide capacitive touchscreen in front under which the large QWERTY keyboard resides. Between the touchscreen and the QWERTY keyboard lie some shortcut keys and the back button.
It also seems to have a 3.5mm Headphone jack on the top bar which wouldn’t hurt the headphones when you are keeping your phone in your pocket while listening to your favorite tracks.
On the sidepanel it has the camera shutter button and possibly the rocker volume controls which is the standard in almost every Galaxy Smartphone that Samsung makes.
The back panel of Samsung Galaxy Pro B7510 has no surprises at all. It has a basic speaker and a camera with no flash, which is not good at all. I think camera without a proper flash has no utility.
Technical Specifications and Key Features
- Dimensions: 108.6 x 66.7 x 10.7 mm
- Weight: 103.4 g
- Display Screen: TFT capacitive touchscreen, 256K colors, 320 x 240 pixels, 2.8 inches wide
- QWERTY Keyboard, Accelerometer Sensor, Proximity Sensor
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- 512 MB Internal storage
- Memory expandable up to 32 GB with a microSD card, 2 GB included in the sales package
- Supports 3G (HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps), WLAN (Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot), Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP
- 3.15 MP rear camera which records takes pictures at 2048×1536 pixels resolution along with autofocus
- Operates on Android OS v2.0 i.e. Froyo
- A Powerful 800 MHz processor to supports all your office related jobs along with multi-tasking
- DivX/Xvid/MP4/WMV/H.264 video player
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+ audio player
- Supports Adobe Flash 10.1
- Up to 610 h (2G) / Up to 430 h (3G) standby-by time
- Up to 11 h (2G) / Up to 6 h 10 min (3G) talktime
Kick or Pick
The technical specifications and features are fine but the main thing comes down to user experience. Most of the new phones these days look fantastic on paper. Let’s take an example, Apple iPhone 4 and Samsung Galaxy S share a lot of similarities in terms of hardware but still iPhone has its unique presence in the market.
If you want to a buy a new QWERTY phone then you should definitely go with Samsung Galaxy Pro because it has all the basics correctly established and also runs on Android.
If you want some alternative then BlackBerry 8520 is not a bad option too but among them Samsung Galaxy Pro Smartphone is better because of OS and processor.
Please share your thoughts with GizJets using the comment form below and also your friends using the social bookmarking icons.